Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Letter From Norma


My dearest

Letters, it was the beginning of everything. Handwritten on rough papers scribbled badly sometimes. Full of stories, bad grammar. Even wrong spelling. But still, it was the best. It felt like time stop just for us….and we have the whole world as the audience. My heartbeat is always skipping a beat. You said yours too. My heartbeat still skip a beat when you are near me. Very faint, but it is there. I sometimes wish it is not so. Because I know your heartbeat beats for someone else now.

Warm hugs. It used to be frequent. Long loving hugs. Came with your fingers stroking my long hair. It felt good to be hug. It felt good to be wanted. And I always return the same. I still do. But not for you.

Family. The continuation story of our union. Beautiful children. Each and everyone is a splitting image of both of us. Giving whole new adventures to our lives, hoping all the best for them while we are still able to love and provide for them. A family. Where both you and I never had. I cherish it so much. Protect it so much. But I don’t feel the same from you.

Where are you now? Did you forget about the letters? Did you not see my shadows? Smell my scent? Feel my faint heartbeat? Miss hearing laughter of our little ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment