Monday, May 25, 2009

Exotic Bali


Bali. It is always a place somebody would recommend to visit. And I agree. My adventure to Bali was combined with work. All my work mates except one left for Bali on the 19th May. The beginning of the journey was really a turn off because you see so many travellers putting on mask due to the health issue about Swine Flu. Yet you see them taking it off when they have their food at one of the restaurant at the airport. We arrived Bali early in the evening, so did not get to see much. But one thing that is pretty certain for me is that the motorbike riders there are perhaps the most fearless people. Well...I've been to Taipei, so I thought they were fearless people. Ok, perhaps they are known to be fearless in their own place. I literally have my own brakes while we were driven by the driver to our hotel and also throughout our travelling time on the road.

The time spent there was brief but it was enough to give me the feeling that the place is indeed exotic. I did a quick and very cheap shopping. Everywhere I go, I hear Balinese music, so soothing. So I end up buying two CD's for myself. Really worth it. The most interesting part was always trying to convert their currency back to Ringgit Malaysia. I even had my calculator with me, haha!

What imprinted in me most about Bali was to see how the people there are so polite, so talented, especially with their hands - seeing all the huge and well sculptured statues, crafted woods. But was never given a chance. Even if they are given a chance, it is just within their area. I guess it happens everywhere in other parts of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment